On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 18:14 -0500, Reed Hedges wrote:
> reed wrote:
> >
> > I updated the "Road Map" page on the Wiki to reflect S5 plans.  Pete,
> > please correct it if it's a bit off.  This is just a general guideline, we
> > don't really know yet when the first S5 release will be, or whether it will
> > be a "1.0" release or a beta or testing prerelease that is less easy to use.
> >
> > http://interreality.org/wiki/VosRoadMap
>
> I decided that in addition to a Blender export script, import from
> Google Sketchup (or export from it to COD or XOD) would be really good.
>   It's very easy to learn, and some people interested in VOS might
> already know how to use it (it's the main app for creating objects to
> drop into Google Earth).  Is this a good idea?

I don't know if Eris S. Raymond would think that it's a good idea to use
Google Sketchup because it's not free software but from this link it
looks like Sketchup can be run with wine:
http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2007/12/google-sketchup-6-on-linux-and-freebsd.html

This is an essay about why 2008 is an important year for operating
systems due to the next level of computing: 64 bit computing:

World Domination 201
Eric Steven Raymond
Rob Landley
Copyright © 2006 Eric S. Raymond
Copyright © 2006 Rob Landley
http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/world-domination/world-domination-201.html

>  I added it to the road
> map.  This would be an easy contribution from anyone in the community
> who already knows ruby.
>
> I'll also make the changes you mentioned Lalo.
>
> Reed

JASON A HEBLACK                                     (650) 289 - 0954
450 EAST O'KEEFE, APT. 3                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
EAST PALO ALTO, CA  94303