My current task is working on a serialization framework for structs and
Vobjects.  This will
handle loading and saving state for vobjects, and provide the basis on which to
implement
marshaling and persistance.  Being able to load and save structs will also make
it possible to
start working on some of the upper layers of the VOS stack, such as A3DL (which
needs to be able
to efficiently represent data like vertex arrays.)  I have worked out an
efficient template-based
approach which supports arbitrary serialization/deserialization methods, so we
can easily have
binary, XML, YAML, JSON etc serializers, and message encoding for VOS network
protocols will
probably be built on the serialization framework as well.

--
[ Peter Amstutz ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[Lead Programmer][Interreality Project][Virtual Reality for the Internet]