Posted at: http://interreality.org/phorum/read.php?2,291,292#msg-292
reed wrote:

Can you explain a bit more what you mean?  Do you mean to apply the "shader
program" concept to any VOS property? And if that shader happens to be a GPU
program, then run it on the GPU?  I'd represent the shader as a Vobject, and
point it at any other property as its input and outputs. Then you can use the
UI to arrange and hook them up, chain them, etc.

I asked you about something related a while ago but forget the specific
context: could we use VOS as an interface between the CPU world and the GPU
world, by moving property data back and forth as it changed, and more
generally, by using VOS messages to send events/signals back and forth?

Reed