Posted at: http://interreality.org/phorum/read.php?2,286,295#msg-295
reed wrote:

Looks like an interesting language, and it even has at least the start of a
good library.  I think it would be detrimental at this stage to switch
implementation languages. Having a C++ base is pretty useful when it comes to
portability and integrating libraries.  But as you may know, one of the major
features that Peter is working on for the next version is infrastructure that
will make it easier to have many language bindings, IO could certainly be one
of them, and we can try to think of ways of making the integration natural and
using its features to the fullest...   But I'll let Pete comment more
authoritatively on that...

Reed