Hi again,
On 12.08.2015 23:25, Guenter wrote:
since the release of VL 0.10 I'm now running VL on a bunch of boxes,
amongst them two Alix 2c3 and a Wrap 1c3, and also an Asus P5A+K6/2 ...

1st wish is that you configure the Kernel build to produce a
/proc/config.gz - this seems always helpful and doesnt cost a lot of space

2nd its probably a common wish to use a more precise Realtime clock with
those Alix and Wrap boards like the DS3231; the kernel module for this
clock chip is rtc-ds1307, and would be great to include hat by default

3rd it was a pain to compile those kernel modules which I needed self;
the provided VL kernel sources were incomplete (missing and / or
conflicting headers) and did not compile; instead I ended up with
downloading the complete kernel sources from kernel.org (or was it from
Debian? Cant recall ATM) and then copy over the kernel config from the
VL kernel sources ...

Also for the older Asus P5A which is interesting for me since it also
has a SMBus (I2C) connector (like Alix and Wrap) the kernel module for
the Ali 15xx chipsets were missing (I found an older post in the mailing
list archives which announced the removal of these modules - but why?
They are not so big, or?)

It would probably be a great thing if you would compile the kernel with
as much modules as possible, but then pack them separately as addon so
people like me need then only download this module package, extract and
'depmpd -a' and done ...;
I think Voyage Linux is not only attractive for the few embedded x86
platforms but also for a couple of older mainboards with AMD-K6,
AMD-Geode or Via-Epia processors which all consume less power, and would
be great to have these "generic x86 boards" hardware fully supported.

4th point I forgot to mention is the incomplete bluetooth kernel support; the modules bnep.ko and rfcomm.ko (with tty support) should always be included with all VL distros.

Thanks, Günter.