Hi. i have an alix 2d13 (pcengines) that has 3 ethernet ports . I would
like to create a failover setup.

I have a nearby community wifi that i connect to with the following:

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-ssid "Community_wifi"
wpa-psk "xyzPasSwd"
up nat.sh eth1 wlan0 "192.168.179.0/24"
dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
address 192.168.179.1
netmask 255.255.255.0

by doing that i get all the traffic nated to eth1/wlan0.

i have tried to create a br0 interface with wlan0 and eth0 but it does allow traffic in between, unless i do a nat.

I would like to NOT do a NAT setup. All devices attached to eth1 to get
an IP from the pool of the community wifi. how can i change my setup to
be able to have an IP on eth1 from the community wifi dhcp, as well all
computers attached to eth1 to get an IP from the same pool, please?