Thanks a lot for the quick reply. the post you send, it is currently the one that i am using. The problem is that it does not allow traffic in between the eth0 and wlan0 unless it is NAT involved.
wlan0 is in 172.16.8.1/24 and serves IPs from dhcp. i do need to share the wifi internet connection to a switch attached to the eth0, without NAT.
I would like all devices attached to eth0 to get an IP from the dhcp server of the wlan0. how can i change the config to make it work?

Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 at 8:17 PM
From: "Bánhidi István" <banhidi.ist...@gmail.com>
To: "tux john" <a...@null.net>, "voyage_linux list" <voyage-li...@voyage.hk>
Subject: Re: [Voyage-linux] bridge wlan0 to eth0
Hi,

I don't understand exactly what you want, but i hope this help (source from voyage wiki):

====== Build a Bridge with Voyage ======
I used voyage-0.2pre1 on a WRAP 2C. The bridged devices are a Prism wireless mini-PCI card and the WRAP's built in ethernet port.
Edit the /etc/network/interfaces

Mine looks like this:

  auto br0
  iface br0 inet static
     address 192.168.254.253
     netmask 255.255.255.0
     network 192.168.254.0
     broadcast 192.168.1.255
     gateway 192.168.254.1
     bridge_ports eth0 wlan0
     pre-up iwconfig wlan0 essid testing mode master

The first 5 lines set up the bridged IP infomation. The next line configures the bridge itself. The only line that you will really need to change is the line that starts with "pre-up iwconfig...". This configures the the wireless card to be an access point and sets the ssid to "testing". The final lines that start with post-down enable the bridge to be shutdown nicely.

Once you get everything configured to your liking, restart your network and test connectivity.

Good luck
Steve