>Now, maybe I'm dumb, but I just don't see the connection between these two
>fields of endeavor. Both are good, honorable, challenging, important, and
>interesting -- but they don't have anything to do with each other.

In a sense you are right, but from my own perspective I have to deal with
the technical issues as well as the artistic ones since I am doing both to
try to reach The Goal. If the duties were split then the techies could deal
with the 3d issues and the artists could deal with the esthics and story. A
one man effort has to deal with both sides. I think that is where a lot of
us are coming from with this. Since this is the first outbreak of tech talk
on this list (I'm suprised considering the names on the list) I think it
has more to do with the tools we will be working with making some major
changes than not concentrating on story.

Dennis