The nugget of that:

"``Intelligence is a tangle of motivation and learning,'' he said. ``The
only way to build intelligent systems is to put those factors in and see
what develops.''

For a long time, we focused on intelligent tutoring (all wise machine).
This focuses on intelligent learning (adaptive desire).
Interesting sea change.

len

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety