Thanks again for the pointer to the Cybertown Worldcon event, Len.  I
finally got everything together last night; my "performance" (which is
really just a pre-recorded story-reading, with me there for the audience to
talk to) will air tonight in Cybertown, if all goes well.  According to the
info they gave me, my slot is in "Cybertown City Hall" tonight (Weds 9/1)
at 7 pm Pacific time (10 pm Eastern US time, 2 am UTC/Greenwich) -- only
3.5 hours from now, sorry for the short notice.  The way it works
(theoretically) is I show up in one of their predetermined avatars; anyone
who attends can click my avatar to hear the story in RealAudio.  The story
is available for an hour; it lasts about 20 minutes.  I may be the only
person who's signed up for a non-musical recording, so who knows how well
it'll go.  I may end up repeating this sometime in the next few days.
We'll see.

With luck, I'll also be able to show off a way-cool gargoyle avatar that
Dennis built for me, but I'm still trying to iron out the wrinkles on that.

It's not exactly nonlinear or interactive storytelling -- but it's a
spoken-word story in a 3D world.  Baby steps...

Len, when's your performance?

--jed