That is right.  On my first gig, I dumped the av on top
of the group.  I realized that just like real gigs, I have
to go there, scout out the club, then pick my spot.
I found the stage Viewpoint, selected it, then pushed
around until I got the right view.  Luckily, the cafe has
a stage with a spotlight texture so one can easily
determine a center.  Again, this is part of what is
needed, particularly in hot-dog gigs, where each
performer has to follow another.  Luckily, unlike
real gigs, there isn't a big set up, equipment moves,
etc.

The cafe stage is a long way from the bar.  That
means some folks don't find you.  It would also
be handy to have a marquee that changes so
people know someone is performing.  More than
a few come in somewhat unaware of what is going
on in the room that night or who is on when.  They
can get the schedule from the news if they look for
it, but a local control or marquee would be better and
perhaps one that refreshes in the plaza.

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.