Dennis McKenzie wrote:

>I'm married to the concept not the file format.

That's the way I feel too.  Even though my bread is buttered with VRML, I
believe the real magic comes not from the technology but the way it's used.
 My goal is not to create cool worlds but to create good interactive
stories, in 2D, 3D, 2.5D or whatever other D does the job.  I happen to
like 3D because of my own approach to interactive fiction, which is to
replace time with space as the organizing principle.  Not that you can't do
this in 2D, but if you're going to build a spatial model to hold the story
you might as well use the same model to generate the story's visual
representation.

>Mostly I want to wanted to
>reply to wish my friends on the list all of the best for the Holidays

Same here!

> in hopes that one of them would buy me a really expensive HMD for
>Christmas.

(I'll settle for a cheap one.)

Michael