Mazin Qumsiyeh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: "Mazin Qumsiyeh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:35:45 -0500
Subject: [HumanRights] Urgent

(Note: Mailing List Information, including unsubscription instructions, is
located at the end of this message.)

URGENT

From Israeli Newspaper Haaretz: Israeli government decision aims to strip
Palestinians of their properties in East Jerusalem

Laws bar Palestinians from living in Jerusalem if their spouses live in
other parts of the occupied areas because Jerusalem is annexed and now
extending absentee laws, racist laws intended to confiscate Palestinian
refugee properties to East Jerusalem finishes the task. We know that Dov
Weisglass stated earlier that talk of the disengagement from Gaza was
intended to freeze the peace process. We now know why. Already, two thirds
of the nine million Palestinians are refugees or displaced people. We also
know from history what happens when people are stripped of their lands,
citizenship and rights.

Haaretz also reports on the racist law that Israelis can marry and bring any
foreigners as spouses to live with them in Israel with one exception: If the
spouse happens to be Palestinian

Please write your own letter to all media outlets and to all elected and
unelected officials. Spread the word, educate, engage, work, divest,
boycott, act; silence is complicity.

Please note alert below from CFL

Mazin
http://qumsiyeh.org

SEND OUR PREWRITTEN LETTER NOW OR, WRITE YOUR OWN:
http://www.cflweb.org/congress_merge_.htm
*********************************
Citizens for Fair Legislation
For Immediate Release
Jan 21, 2005
********************************
CFL ALERT:  ISRAEL AIMING TO STEAL HALF OF PALESTINIAN OWNED EAST
JERUSALEM LAND.

The Sharon government plans on implementing the Absentee Property Law
in East Jerusalem in an effort to steal Arab owned land in East
Jerusalem from thousands of Palestinians currently living in the West
Bank.  Estimates show that Israel could end up appropriating up to half
of all Arab owned East Jerusalem property.  This decision has already
been approved by the prime minister and attorney general.  The Absentee
Property Law is a racist law as it is only applied to Palestinians and
it also is another mechanism that Israel is utilizing in order to
illegally unify Jerusalem as the Israeli capital in violation of UN
Resolution 252.

TALKING POINTS
*Remind your representatives that by stealing Palestinian owned land in
East Jerusalem that Israel is violating a litany of UN Resolutions,
most importantly, U.N. Resolution 252 which calls on Israel to rescind
all measures that change the legal status of Jerusalem, including the
expropriation of land and properties thereon and that Israel stop
taking measures to unify Jerusalem as the Jewish capital. The current
land grab and the building of the apartheid wall in Jerusalem proves
that Israel is not serious about making peace with the Palestinians and
that Israel can and will violate any U.N. Resolutions it pleases
without being held accountable by Washington.  Ask your elected
officials how long they will tolerate Israeli intransigence of the law.

*Ask your representatives to clearly explain how American taxpayers
benefit from unfettered support of Israeli war crimes. Tell your
representatives that you resent that American lives are being placed in
danger because of this government's sordid relationship with Israeli
interest groups. Remind your representatives that the "Arafat excuse"
is off the table and that you are watching to see whether this country
is serious about democracy, freedom and human rights or whether we were
merely paying lip service to these ideas.

Please choose the appropriate letter to send! (YOU MUST PICK A SUBJECT
FROM THE DROP DOWN BAR) [After you enter your contact info the
appropriate addresses are provided. Simply type, or send our prewritten
letter and click send. Be sure to bookmark this page so you can send
ONE LETTER EVERY DAY. We have prewritten letters for your convenience.]

EMAIL AND OR CALL THE WHITE HOUSE
WHITE HOUSE COMMENTS LINE: 202-456-1111
WHITE HOUSE SWITCHBOARD: 202-456-1414
WHITE HOUSE FAX: 202-456-2461

Citizens for Fair Legislation is a grassroots organization committed to
encouraging a fair domestic and foreign policy with an emphasis on the
US/Arab world. www.cflweb.org

Mailing List Instructions: This low quantity mailing list (Maximum 2-3
messages per week, usually one to two per week) is intended to advance
understanding in areas little exposed in mainstream media and foster
positive action for peace. It is easy to unsubscribe from the list by
either emailing me back (write "unsubscribe" in the subject heading) OR you
can unsubscribe yourself directly by sending a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you know others who might be interested to join the list, please ask them
to subscribe by sending a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]