Hi all,

On 6:59 AM, David Nelson wrote:
Hi, :-)

I'd love to see some different ideas from the other guys, especially Paulo, and
from Nikash...

David Nelson
Geez David that's mighty flattering of you. You'll make a grown man blush with that kinda talk old chap =)

I'm sorry if I've missed the boat or if better ideas were discussed, I've a mountain of Email to conquer, I just wanted to respond quickly.

I've uploaded another idea here;
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:FundraisingBanner.jpg
While I'd agree that the current banner is clear, I think it is important to create a /pleasant/ atmosphere around the progress-meter (which the blue will do nicely, and red, for me at least, is creating uneasiness and certainly not a positive association), not a sense of panicked-urgency even /if/ that is the case. I also think it shouldn't be contained in a conventional box/banner because people have become immune to top-banner ads, there is a greater chance they will ignore it if it looks like an advertisement.

Oh and I should mention, the current banner breaks the page formatting on my computer. See capture;
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:BrokenBanner.jpg
(I'm in the unfortunate position of using an old windows XP machine / resolution 1280x800 / Firefox3.6.13, but I imagine there's plenty of people in this ruddy old boat)

Again, disregard this if it's too late. Sorry I couldn't help earlier. Time, she is always running out on me.
-Nik

PS. When it is pertinent, I'd like to raise the matter of "streamlining" the chat/facebook/extensions links on the homepage. They look scruffy and make the page busy, I'm sure there's a way of reducing the visual clutter. Let me know if anyone is interested in this as well.