> TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
> MiscInfo
>
> These occur in production and thousands of sessions are stored to disk
> successfully. But at some point it is as if pickle.dump is no longer
> existent in the running app server.
> Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas? We could modify the code
> to test that dump still exists prior to calling it but that would just
> mask the underlying problem.

I personally never experienced this problem.

Which Python version are you using? Is it Py 2.4?

It seems that pickle.dump can sometimes throw this error in Py 2.4 for
certain kind of objects:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/idle-dev/2007-July/002601.html
http://groups.google.com/group/beautifulsoup/browse_thread/thread/34216397aa7ff8bd/75ed163d296f522b

So I assume that in some infrequent cases, your session contains such
objects. You should encapsulate the dump in an exception handler and
print the object in case it fails. Maybe you can find out which kind of
objects are causing this problem.

-- Christoph