Roger Haase schrieb:
> My revised solution is to put the lock at the beginning and end of the method.

I never used MiddleKit, so I don't know how to test this, but since it
looks reasonable I've checked this in anyway, and cleaned up
MiddleObject.py a bit. Can you check whether this works for you?

http://svn.w4py.org/Webware/trunk/MiddleKit/Run/MiddleObject.py

Btw, I was trying to run the MiddleKit test suite, but I get many
errors. For instance when running "python Test.py MKDelete" I get a
"Lock wait timeout exceeded" (this hasn't anything to do with the lock
in the patch, I get it also without your patch). Does the test suite run
for you? If yes, on what OS, Py and database (driver) version?

Also, while we're at it, can you or somebody else have a look at the
following MiddleKit patches:

There are a handful of other very old open issues here, mostly MiddleKit
or other stuff I don't use. If anybody wants to work on these:

Ideally I'd like to have a running MiddleKit test suite and most of the
issues above solved before releasing 1.0.

-- Christoph