Hi Christoph,

For each of the domains hosted under this installation, I have:

NameVirtualHost [ipaddr]:80

<VirtualHost [ipaddr]:80>
ServerName [domain].com
ServerAlias [domain].com *.[domain].com
DocumentRoot /var/www/[domain]
</VirtualHost>

But I also employ a number of rewrite rules (within the VirtualHost
directive) for those which primarily use the webkit application
server (the "wk" part of the URL):

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/wk/(.*) /$1 [R]
RewriteRule ^/js/(.*) /js/$1 [PT]
RewriteRule ^/gfx/(.*) /gfx/$1 [PT]
RewriteRule ^/logos/(.*) /logos/$1 [PT]
RewriteRule ^/screens/(.*) /screens/$1 [L,PT]
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /wk/$1 [L,PT]

I killed the application server earlier today to halt the increasing
# of emailed tracebacks/errors.

I'm surprised nobody has had this happen before. Googling the
specific error turns up zero hits. I must be an edge-case.

Thanks,
-Gary

On Jun 1, 2009, at 5:30, Christoph Zwerschke wrote:

> Gary Perez schrieb:
>> I looked up this "proxy5/check.php" thing in Google & it indicates
>> (?) some type of proxy abuse (led me to: http://wiki.apache.org/
>> httpd/
>> ProxyAbuse). So I changed the config. in httpd.conf, but that only
>> seemed to generate more errors & emails.
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> I did not come across these errors so far. They do not appear in
> the log
> of our Webware server at w4py.org either.
>
> What did you change in the config? Did you set the ServerName? I think
> that should solve the issue.
>
> -- Christoph

> --------
> OpenSolaris 2009.06 is a cutting edge operating system for enterprises
> looking to deploy the next generation of Solaris that includes the
> latest
> innovations from Sun and the OpenSource community. Download a copy and
> enjoy capabilities such as Networking, Storage and Virtualization.
> Go to: http://p.sf.net/sfu/opensolaris-get

Gary Perez :: Interwebs Guy
Advanced Simulation Technology inc.
gary.pe...@asti-usa.com