Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I want to get the value form user input/selected option

<select name='query' id='query'>
  <option value='a'>a</option>
  <option value='b'>b</option>
</select>

<%
  # How to get user selected option?

  # what I want to do ....
  # if option == a,  get data from a xml file... where the childNode is "a"
  #
  # i.e. select different option will get different data from a xml file
  # no form is called
%>

 <input type="hidden" id="selected" name="selected" value="<%= #data from
xml %>">

Thanks for your help and advise.