I am very pleased to announce a beta release of Webware for
Python 1.1, available for download from SourceForge (at
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/webware/Webware-1.1b1.tar.gz).

This release offers some major new features, e.g. a WSGI adapter,
sessions based on shelve or Memcached, MiddleKit using SQLite.

Webware requires Python 2.4 now, and the code base has been cleaned
up and modernized very much, getting rid of all the old cruft that was
only there to support older Python versions.

Download and test, everybody! Please report any problems you can find in
this release, and please let me also know of any innacurate or
outdated information in the accompanying documentation.

No new features will be accepted for this version any more. There will
be probably no more beta releases or release candidates for 1.1, but I
want to directly publish the final 1.1 release as soon as possible.

-- Christoph

PS: Maybe the following new entries in the Webware wiki will also be
interesting for you:

   Benchmarks: http://wiki.w4py.org/webwarebenchmarks.html
   MySQL config tips: http://wiki.w4py.org/mysql.html