Am 26.04.2010 07:56 schrieb Blaise Vogel:
> I'm using for a long time Webware + cheetah, I have upgraded my
> Debian Squeeze yesterday, and now, I got an "AssertionError" on any
> template. Because, I don't understand where is the problem, I ask
> for a little help ;-)

Ok, I had a look at this now.

The problem is that the latest Cheetah version you're using ditched
support for Webware. The Cheetah Servlet class is not derived from
WebKit.Servlet any longer and the awake() method is gone, so this
explains the AssertionError you got.

See http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/CHANGES.txt and
http://github.com/cheetahtemplate/cheetah/commit/0eead16006099c658988ebc4e1687ccabcbd3e92

You should try to convince the Cheetah folks to put it back in.
Otherwise, we will need to add a monkey-patch for Cheetah to Webware.

-- Christoph