Am 01.07.2010 10:59 schrieb Chuck Esterbrook:
> On my new server, I haven't gotten mod_webkit2 to work yet. The build
> produces .slo and .lo files, but the Apache install only seems to
> successfully load .so files.

I'm running it for years in production on SUSE Linux, the stability and
performance have been outstanding. Got it also running on Windows
(precompiled dlls are shipped with Webware).

The build should also produce a .libs folder inside which you will find
the .so file. Instead of copying it manually, you can also use "make
install" to install it into the Apache modules directory and activate
the module in the Apache config.

> I tried ModPython which worked great with one app, but becomes
> schizophrenic if you have two applications including serving up the
> opposite app for a given URL or reporting a 404 if the other app
> doesn't have that path.

There are also other reasons for not using ModPython: The performance is
not so great (http://wiki.w4py.org/webwarebenchmarks.html) and the
project has just died
(http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2010/06/modpython-project-is-now-officially.html).

-- Christoph