I'm having trouble understanding how accept and reject work,
particularly in the context of sites that rely on CGI and PHP to
dynamically generate html pages.  My questions relate to the following:

1) I don't fully understand the -A and -R effects and the difference, if
any, between what links are traversed and parsed for deeper links,
versus what files are kept and stored locally.  The docs seem to say
that -A and -R have no effect on the link traverse for html files, but
this doesn't seem true for dynamically generated CGI, PHP files.  Does
html_extension=on affect link traversal?  I'd like to be able to
independently control link traversal vs. file retrieval with local file
storage.  Do the directory include/exclude commands allow this - do they
work differently from -A -R?

2) The logs seem to show PHP files being retrieved and then not saved.
When mirroring a forum, you often want to exclude links that do a
logout, or subscribe you to a topic.  Does -R prevent a dynamically
generated html page from a PHP link from being traversed?

3) Which has priority if both reject and accept filters match?

4) Sometimes the OS restricts filename characters.  Do the -A and -R
filters match on the final name used to store the file, or on the name
at the server?

Thanks for any pointers or links that might help me understand this better.