On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 9:05 AM, James Ross <w3c-20040...@james-ross.co.uk>
wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 14:42:07 +0200
> > From: phil...@opera.com
> >
> > I think this looks like a very promising approach. Would there be any
> > way to feature detect support for EventListenerOptions as the third
> > argument? It seems like a problem that addEventListener(type,
> > callback, { mayCancel: false }) would be treated as
> > addEventListener(type, callback, true) in existing browsers.
>

> http://rbyers.github.io/EventListenerOptions/EventListenerOptions.html#extensions-to-the-event-interface
>  and
>
> http://rbyers.github.io/EventListenerOptions/EventListenerOptions.html#examples
>  example
> 2 are intended to cover this.

Right, thanks.  What I've suggested is kind of weird though.  Olli raises a
good point <https://github.com/RByers/EventListenerOptions/issues/16> that
we should discuss general dictionary-member feature detection patterns in
the abstract before committing to something like this.  I'd love other
opinions / ideas on the bug