From: whatwg [mailto:whatwg-boun...@lists.whatwg.org] On Behalf Of Robert
O'Callahan

> According to the spec it should work, but it's very low priority for us and
> implementing it would be very inefficient as Yay295 describes. So I don't
> think it's going to happen in Firefox in the forseeable future.

I was looking in to this yesterday and it seems like the spec places absolute
no limits on playbackRate. Am I right? This seems a bit bad.

If nobody is supporting negative nor has any plans to, we should at least
consider throwing for negative. I guess we can leave the upper limit
unspecified, unless implementations all happen to agree on one.