> On Oct 1, 2015, at 6:49 , Anne van Kesteren <ann...@annevk.nl> wrote:
>
> In https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/192 we're planning on
> removing mediagroup/MediaController from HTML since other than WebKit
> no implementations appear interested in implementing these features.

Hi

is removal really the right thing to do, given that we have an implementation?
I can understand a note saying that this interface is not currently broadly
implemented, as a warning to authors.  If there are technical problems, and we
have or can imagine a better replacement, I can imagine deprecation as a
warning to both implementors and authors. But making an implementation become
undocumented seems strange — and as a point of practice, would seem to deter
implementors from being first-to-implement of something, or they might get
caught like this. That’s not a good incentive.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.