From: whatwg [mailto:whatwg-boun...@lists.whatwg.org] On Behalf Of Boris Zbarsky

> What was the outcome of the discussions about possibly having "interface
> console" and having all the methods be statics?

Another good question which we should probably resolve ASAP. It does indeed
change the answer to the related question that starts this thread.

Basically developers would really want this, and it was awaiting implementer
interest: https://github.com/whatwg/console/issues/3. It looks like according
to Paul Irish in
https://github.com/whatwg/console/issues/3#issuecomment-172284926 the Chrome
Devtools team is up for it, and Firefox used to do this but backed it out. If
at least Firefox and Chrome are indeed willing then we should probably spec it
that way instead. Ideally Edge and Safari would chime in with their thoughts as
well.