On 2/8/16 9:31 PM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
and Firefox used to do this but backed it out.

Just for the record, Firefox used to do it back before we had a Web IDL implementation of console at all. At the time it was a giant injected-into-the-page hack, and the particular way it was injected happened to work the way it did.

This should not be construed as me arguing against changing the behavior; just a note that it's not as simple as flipping a switch back to something we already had at some point.

But I also don't think it would be super-difficult to do... just a bit time-consuming. So the hard part will be finding someone with the time to do it.

-Boris