On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 11:58 PM, Geoffrey Garen <gga...@apple.com> wrote:
> For example, if I speak English but I like Polish number formatting, should
> navigator.language report “en-pl”?

I don't think so. That would only make sense if English was a language
spoken in Poland that differs from other English languages. Contrast
with en-GB and en-US which would make sense as values and don't imply
a locale necessarily.

> In researching this question, I discovered that lots of code uses
> navigator.language and/or HTTP Accept-Language to infer the user’s locale,
> despite the fact that language and locale are not equivalent.

I don't think we expose locale currently, although I have not studied
ECMA-402 in detail which I suspect might reveal some of it, only the
language.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/