Hello

I've *finally* updated my wikidata URI pattern picture based on this and an
earlier conversation from back in August [1]:

http://smethur.st/wikidata

(you need to click the image before it's readable)

Hoping it looks a little more correct. Certainly makes more sense in my head.

My only concern is that (like DBpedia) it seems to conflate the 303 (can't send
you that) step with the content negotiation step.

So if:
http://wikidata.org/id/Q{id}
is the entity / non-information resource URI

and:
http://wikidata.org/wiki/Q{id}
http://wikidata.org/data/Q{id}.{format}.{lang} (or similar)
are information resource representation URIs

there's no generic information resource URI in the scheme.

In BBC-land we try to never expose the information resource representation URIs
except as location headers. So

bbc.co.uk/programmes/:programme#programme
is the NIR

bbc.co.uk/programmes/:programme
is the generic IR which connegs to:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/:programme.html < desktop html
bbc.co.uk/programmes/:programme.mp < mobile html
bbc.co.uk/programmes/:programme.json < json
bbc.co.uk/programmes/:programme.xml < xml
bbc.co.uk/programmes/:programme.rdf < rdf
etc

and the .html, .mp, .json, .xml, .rdf are never exposed except as location
headers for conneg on the generic IR and the #programme bit is never used
except when we want to make RDF(a) statements about the NIR

Wondering if the 303 / conneg conflation will make it more difficult to
understand what's going on, more difficult to work with and more difficult to
host if you pick up a 303 for every link (as in DBpedia)

cheers
michael

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/wikidata-l@lists.wikimedia.org/msg00858.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk
may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless
specifically stated.
If you have received it in
Do not use, copy or disclose the
immediately.