On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Aryeh Gregor
<simetrical+wikil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Mike.lifeguard
> <mike.lifegu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Microsoft has informed us with an email to OTRS (#2010011110039819) that
>> wikimedia.org (and presumably our other domains) will be removed from
>
> Why would you presume that?
>
>> the Compatibility View List for Internet Explorer 8 near the end of
>> January 2010.
>
> I don't know why we were ever on it.  We always marked our IE7 fixes
> with "if IE 7" and not "if IE gt 7", right?  IE8 should have been
> getting good CSS2.1 from the get-go.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=B885E621-91B7-432D-8175-A745B87D2588&displaylang=en

There is an XLS file here indicating that wikimedia.org is pending
removal, but the other domains are not. (The email appears to be
wikimedia.org specific).

Someone should probably take all the WMF domains on that list and
request that they all be removed.