Integrating CPAN::Reporter would also save the user from some
headache. I gave up on portable Strawberry and installed the MSI, then
followed the steps at http://wiki.cpantesters.org/wiki/QuickStart,
only to get this error when about to send the testing report for a
newly installed module:

    Test::Reporter::Transport::Metabase: could not read ID file
'~/.cpantesters/metabase_id.json'

The file does exist at %USERPROFILE%/.cpantesters/metabase_id.json

I got the same error with portable Strawberry, when metabase_id.json
existed at C:\strawberry\data\.cpantesters\

Best regards,
Dan Dascalescu