> We will go step by step:
>
> The practical question: .dll / .lib files from
> 64bit_openssl-1.0.0d-bin_20110507.zip build via Configure + make? Or with
> mingw32.bat? Or copy from "openssl Win32 binaries distribution"?

There are no *.lib just *.a

They are built via Configure + make and renamed to follow the naming
convention as if they were build by mingw.bat (it is because in the past we
were using mingw32.bat for building openssl and we want to be consistent
across strawberry releases).

> Question N2:  where to download / get / take openssl.cnf for OpenSSL from
> * _20110507.zip?

Take apps/openssl.cnf from the original openssl-1.0.0d.tar.gz tarball.

--
kmx