Mark,

As you probably know strawberry perl is using sezero's gcc toolchain build since approx April 2010.

We use "nearly exactly" the original sezero's gcc 4.4.x toolchain - there are basically 2 things we have changed

1/ sezero's gcc builds ignore <gccroot>/include dir when searching for *.h files which is not good as we put a lot of stuff into c:\strawberry\c\include - fortunately the fix is just a little change to build scripts not to gcc code (more details at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2886331&group_id=202880&atid=983354)

2/ we have one more header: glext/glxext.h

Upgrading strawberry perl to sezero's gcc-4.5.x (which works well with latest wxWidget, right?) is feasible as Ozkan has done a really great job (carefully selected patches, nicely prepared, easily to rebuild). The only thing as regards strawberry perl is that we need to rebuild with gcc-4.5.x also all external libraries (20-30 packages). That's the point where I am in doubts whether to go 4.4.x >> 4.5.x or directly 4.4.x >> 4.6.x

The biggest (the only) disadvantage of gcc-4.6.x is that Ozkan have currently no plans making gcc-4.6.x build (I have asked him a couple of days ago) - so with gcc-4.6.x we loose all comfort we have now with his gcc-4.4.x/4.5.x builds

--
kmx