Hi kmx-

The detection for the pthread library is currently broken.
To build PDL with pthreads you'll need to explicitly set
the values of WITH_POSIX_THREADS, POSIX_THREADS_INC, and
POSIX_THREADS_LIBS where the comment indicate what worked
for my strawberry perl install was:

WITH_POSIX_THREADS => undef,

POSIX_THREADS_LIBS => '-LC:/chm/strawberry/pthreads/lib -lpthreadGC2',
POSIX_THREADS_INC => '-IC:/chm/strawberry/pthreads/include',

and the C:/chm/strawberry/pthreads contained the pthreads
install location.  I'm actually working on the detection
code this evening so that if a pthread library is in the
correct location it would be detected and used.

I'll give your library a build try this evening if I can.

Cheers,
Chris