Hi,

My own efforts to support building Perl + wxWidgets have resulted in
http://sourceforge.net/projects/perlmingw/files/

It is a build of 4.6.2 with pthreads and includes gfortran and libquadmath.

It seems to build PDL from git without problems. The bundled Config_MinGWFP ( set PERL5OPT=-MConfig_MinGWFP ) allows use with ActivePerl.

One thing I'm unqualified to test:
fortran io was reported to be very poor in 4.6.1 but a fix is claimed for 4.6.2 release - so for users of gfortran it would be worth investigating io performance vs a gcc 4.5.x build. Note that apparently the io problems with 4.6.1 are so bad it should not take too much to detect.

Building Perl on Win XP 32 bit is now OK.

Libraries built with recent ( 18 months) sezero builds of mingw-w64 should be ABI compatible and not require recompilation.

The compiler toolchain itself is a native build using MSYS. The full build system and a single 'build everything' script are available.

I'll be producing a pre-built library pack containing my common dependencies ( zlib, openssl, libpq, libmysql, libgd ) shortly.

Personally I'm not precious about 'ownership' of the 'project' or pretty much anything else other than that the compilers must; support Win XP and above, compile Perl, compile wxWidgets/wxPerl. So if anyone fancies sharing ownership and support ...... :)

Regards

Mark