On 9/5/2012 4:59 PM, Mark Dootson wrote:

As Rob says, I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter.

But if it does, an MSYS environment that is a copy of the environment
used to build the compiler used in Strawberry (same versions of
everything) is available at

https://sourceforge.net/projects/perlmingw/files/MSYS%20Environment%20for%20End%20Users/

Thanks, Mark.

I think this is was I was looking for.  I'm trying to get
a developers build of PDL for SP as automatic as I can.
Adding MSYS to support the build of autoconf packages might
take things the rest of the way home for PDL+SP on win32.

--Chris

On 05/09/2012 20:22, Sisyphus wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "chm" <devel.chm...@gmail.com>
To: "kmx" <k...@atlas.cz>; "Sisyphus" <sisyph...@optusnet.com.au>
Cc: <win32-vanilla@perl.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 3:52 AM
Subject: MSYS package for Strawberry Perl

Hi Rob and kmx-

I finally got around to setting up an MSYS
install for my windows/SPP work and it was
really nice to finally be able to build a
bunch of those autoconf libraries for SPP
and PDL.

The catch was that the MSYS was builts with
on version of the MinGW toolchain from the
one in Strawberry Perl and SPP. I think there
would be a great simplification of configuration
and reduction in possible version skew if we
could have an MSYS built from/with the MinGW
toolchain of SP.

Chris, my experience has always been that it doesn't matter what
toolchain built my MSYS.

The MSYS that I currently use was provided with my download of
mingw.org's gcc-4.5.2 compiler.
Within that shell I've used a variety of mingw compilers to build
numerous libraries - both 32-bit and 64-bit (and including the current
Strawberry compilers). And that has not thrown up any problems.
Of course, I do strike problems from time to time, but I haven't struck
any problems related to the tool chain that built MSYS.

Is there a specific example that you can relate ?

Cheers,
Rob

-----
No virus found in this message.