Strawberry Perl is my go-to package for getting a sane development
environment in Windows. Just today, I was trying to install App::Ack on an
old Dell, and found Strawberry Perl very helpful in the process. Compiling
modules with C extensions like ack requires
make<https://github.com/petdance/ack2/issues/255>,
which doesn't work so well in Windows.

I've been using GNU make for
Windows<http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/make.htm>with limited
success, but often I come across errors related to DOS vs
cygwin paths, that works just as well in Command Prompt as it does in Git
Bash <http://msysgit.github.io/>?

Any chance we could distribute this make.exe as part of Strawberry Perl? If
not, I host a simple project for producing and hosting MSI one-click
installers <https://github.com/mcandre/make-win> for make, I'd be happy to
point this to a new improved make if someone can help me develop it.

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
www.yellosoft.us