-----Original Message----- From: John Emmas

So my best guess is that this is some kind of Perl configuration error. When I installed Strawberry Perl on my new Windows 8 box, should I have run some kind of config utility so that it would learn the relevant paths for my new machine?

Seems you're building this "glibmm" library in the msys shell and you want Strawberry Perl to be found.

However, msys's own perl is being found first - and is therefore being used instead of Strawberry Perl.

If you re-arrange your path so that StrawberryPerl is at the very beginning, then I think your problem will vanish.

export PATH=/c/strawberry/perl/bin:$PATH

Cheers,
Rob