On 23.6.2014 16:56, Robert Eden wrote:
On 6/23/2014 5:47 AM, sisyph...@optusnet.com.au wrote:
-----Original Message----- From: Robert Eden

Is there any documentation on compiling my own version of Strawberry? I don't see any source code mentioned on the web page.

Well - you could just build your own perl from source using (say) the compiler and dmake that shipped with Strawberry.

You just grab the official perl 5.20.0 source, put your strawberry/c/bin folder at the beginning of the PATH, edit the (largely self-documenting) win32/makefile.mk appropriately, then cd to that win32 folder and run:
dmake
dmake test
dmake install

That should work! I'll let the list know how it goes (and if it works with PerlApp)

Just keep in mind that you probably do not want "static perl" you probably just want to use "-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++" compiler flags (which might introduce another unwanted side effects).

Try to run dmake like this:
dmake "BUILDOPTEXTRA=-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++"

I have not tried it, this is just my guess.

As Gabor mentioned if you want to try to build your custom Strawberry Perl start here: https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/Perl-Dist-Strawberry/script/perldist_strawberry

--
kmx