I and Lei Zhang, with some help from James Hawkins,
are leading a group of 13 UCLA students who are
writing conformance tests for comctl32.
Each student picked one control, and is now busily writing
getter/setter tests.  In the coming few weeks we'll
also try more interesting tests, like verifying that
the right messages are sent in the right order.
If you're interested in helping the students in any way
(reviewing code before it hits wine-patches, offering
suggestions on how to test tricky bits, or whatever),
please let me know and I can add you to the project's
mailing list.
Thanks,
Dan