From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dana Gutride
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 07:29
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] WebDir element - no longer can contain webapplication?

We recently encountered this problem as well.  There is an old message (here:
http://www.nabble.com/WebDir-element---no-longer-can-contain-webapplication-tf851560.html#a2280481
 ) about it.  From the IIS MMC, you can make any directory a web application.
In the metabsae, it creates any IISConfigObject elements for the directories
above and then the web directory elements are created with the relevent app
names in them.  Does anybody have any information about why the IIS team at
Microsoft says this isn't supported?  It seems odd that you can do this in the
IIS MMC, but not in WiX.

Dana