I guess I misread your question and assumed that you were using Burn.  Given
that I came across those posts I thought they might be helpful but if you
are not using Burn I can't really make any suggestion.

I have only used the approach of putting each app and each driver in a
separate UI-less MSI and then chaining them using Burn.  I have some bundles
which have several hundred msi packages in the chain and I find that this
approach works well for me.