I'm trying to implement same version upgrades in our bootstrapper. We build
our product in one build process and later create the installers in a
second package process. This allows us to repackage our product when fixing
installer changes that do not affect the product in any other way. We do
not change our versions when we repackage.

I found that instead of upgrading the existing bundle installation, the new
bundle is installed separately resulting in two ARP entries. I found
feature http://wixtoolset.org/issues/3746/ requesting that burn support
same version upgrades. Feature 3746 is listed as Untriaged and had been
opened for a very long time. I expect this means an official fix is not
coming soon.

Are there any workarounds for supporting same version upgrades in bundles?

--
Edwin G. Castro