At 07:35 18/03/2004 +1100, you wrote:
I've been thinking about a post from a few days ago that has been bothering
me. The comments in this post highlight the difference between "valid
markup" and "structurally-sound markup":

Some more thoughts after a chat with a friend here:

- Web pages can theoretically contain more than one "document". Each "document" would have its own H1.
- Therefore, in most pages, the TITLE would be the same as the H1 - unless there's more than one H1, in which case you'd have something like "Three essays by George Orwell" for the TITLE, and H1's for each essay.
- Sidebars and their ilk would properly speaking need their own H1's (and possibly H2's).
- In a sense, a H1 in a web page signals the start of a new "document", or independent "section" of the page.

I don't know how this tallies with XHTML 2 and the SECTION tag - anyone?

Gyrus
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://norlonto.net/gyrus/dev/
PGP key available