Ok, I see your point here, but I'm the web designer for a company. Most of our customers probably wouldn't know what a 'browser' is and think that the 'e' is the is only way to 'download the internet'. I can't simply "forget" my customers browsers without alienating them as well, because they have no clue what the issues are.

Tom Livingston wrote:

Giving users a reasonable time to upgrade to the latest-- and hopefully best-- version of the browser of their choice, and then simply "forgetting" to code for the older versions, is one way we can push (a little) where it matters.

Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner!

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/