I would say Absolutely, absoutely and absolutely!

My reasoning for this is simple: what about the rest of those users who *don't
browse the internet with the browser in full screen*? As a matter of fact
I'm doing it right now, so thank god GMail scales gracefully, or I probably
wouldn't use it!

I think the big question is how scalable your web page becomes beyond
800x600 and that all really depends on the kind of content your web site is
providing. If its something which can be extremelly useful for a Google
Desktop application then perhaps you need to take that into account. If not,
then perhaps rethink your strategy/approach.

Thats my two cents.

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 1:28 PM, IceKat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question I'd like to poll people about. Should we still bother
> designing to fit in with 800x600 screen resolutions or is it Ok to just
> design for 1024x768 and not worry about smaller resolutions? I know
> applications like Google Desktop make it more complicated and am interested
> to hear people's views.
>
> IceKat
>
> PS- If this has been asked before I apologise and ask if it's possible to
> see mail archives to see the responses.

> Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

- Anton Babushkin