Append some junk querystring to the end of the URL, like
example.com/index.html?20120803132400. Every time it changes, stuff will be
refreshed. Wouldn't really recommend doing it for regular pages because it
makes the URLs look messy, but if you're trying to refresh scripts or
images, go nuts.

James

On 21 July 2012 03:22, Rob Crowther <robe...@boogdesign.com> wrote:

> On 20/07/2012 17:47, coder wrote:
>
>> How can I make a web page appear as the latest version in all browsers,
>> i.e., perform a cache bypass?  And I don't mean for me - I mean for all
>> visitors to the page?  Is it possible?
>> ??
>>
> Once it's cached in the browser there's not much you can do about it, the
> browser will store the cache settings at the time when it cached the page
> and if those settings say "don't check again for a month" then, generally,
> it won't.
>
> If you want the page to never be cached then you need to set the expiry
> header.  With Apache servers this is quite straightforward and can usually
> be done in the directory's .htaccess file:
>
> ExpiresByType text/html                 "access plus 0 seconds"
>
> This is example was take from HTML5 BoilerPlate:
>
> https://github.com/h5bp/html5-**boilerplate/blob/**
> 83f4f281866be1cf7f391738c53c44**8a5ac658e9/.htaccess#L233<https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate/blob/83f4f281866be1cf7f391738c53c448a5ac658e9/.htaccess#L233>
>

> Rob

*James Ducker*