Hi,

while the season has picked up well, here is the results of our Mixed season starter, the MAYDAY Mixed in Leipzig.

For this new tournament, we started with 8 teams, among those 3 from Poland and the 2 GER national teams. The format was to give teams plenty of playing time and also more time in between for practises and relaxation, so we already started play friday after lunch. This was the first test for a real tournament at our new club fields, which we hope to expand in the future.

In pool A, the GER team could win all matches, but had a very tough match against FLOW (Wroclaw) that was open all the way. In pool B, GER U23 was struggling against the host, Saxy Divers Leipzig, but eventually won the pool.
The pre-semis brought little surprises, but another closely contested match between FLOW and Saxy Divers, which the Polish semifinalist of the 2014 EUCF won to go  the semi against GER U23. This was the highlight match of the tournament, with a large crowd at the stands and plenty of action. GER U23 was up by one point throughout most of the match, but Flow managed to rebreak at some point. Several spectacular skys and beautliful points of mixed ultimate later, GER U23 was through to the final, against GER mixed. This was won by the older team, who contiue their preparation for EUC in Copenhagen, while U23 plays at London.

We also witnessed a showcase match of some of the Leipzig U14 players with the younger children of our guest teams, with the average player ages down to 10 years. The weather was sweet, and so were the fields and the dancing at the party. We hope to be able to offer all this again in 2016, but need to see how to do this on a regular 2day weekend.

SOTG was won by the GER U23 team. They were excessively happy about the set of colourful shorts sponsored by 5ultimate. It was like kids in a candy store... congratulations, and may thanks to 5ultimate for the generous prizes!

Some pix are here:
http://saxydivers.de/index.php/bilder

Lost and found:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eherf4v99vtm3iu/AAAg6CdiYJAZqiiblCfzXaSna?dl=0