Hello out there,
ungodly amounts of excitement here in Ghent yesterday, and too much work in the
evening to write a day report (also too much fun!). Right now the first final
(U17 Women is under way, so we only have time for a short round up for a day
that would deserve many pages of writing.
U17 Women:
11:45 all teams played a last pool match. Most of the results were not
crucially important, as many places were already set. The top 4 were AUT, FRA,
GER and NED; GER and AUT unbeaten, meeting each others.All 4 matches were
relatively close. FRA had some troublesin the game vs GBR, but eventually took
it by 2 points. SWE NED 11:7, ITA played a super match vs COL, but COL took it
11:8, congrats to both teams.
The top match was GER vs AUT, which GER took, thereby have the supposingly
easier semi vs the not so large NED squad. But actually, both GER and AUT won
their semis by a large margin.Placements: 7th GBR, 10:7 vs ITA5th COL, 12:10 vs
SWE3rd FRA, 15:1 over NEDGold: match is under way
U17 Men
Quarters:Fra beat NED, GER beat SWE by several points.The hot matches were BEL
11:9 over ITA, COL 11:8 vs GBR. Congrats to all 4 teams for super hot
action.Semis:Super hot match ups in top4:FRA vs BEL as a rematch of the opening
game. uper hard fight, FRA slightly in the lead but Bel fighting well. The
level of play has rising extremely frm day one to now,in all 19 teams here.
This is somethng we see every year at EC, and it is a pure joy to watch. FRA
had the better end and won 12:8GER vs COL was expected to be a victory for GER,
but COL got the first point, and then a break to go up 2:0. Then GER dropped
pull, 3:0. BIG upset coming???No, 4 straight points for GER, 4:3, then COL up
by 1. Then more trading points in of of the best tacicts and play matches most
coaches and specators had seen in several months, also super intense and very
spirited.But: at 10:10 some unnesessary calls happened, and eventually some
players lost their temper. Long story short: 2 SOTG time outs and some
unhappiness, but still a very good match wich eventually went: 12:11 COL.
Colombia in the final, onla bronze medal match for GER. WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!Play
wise of course GER would also have deserved the win, but so does COL.
Lower pool:CZE with 2 more wins, 9th place. IRL 11th, AUT 11th.
7th: SWE over NED5th: ITA, 1th GBRBronze: another AMAZING show, the rematch of
the 2015 final, BEL vs GERCazy shit, universe point, 13:12 for GER. HUGE
compliments for both squads.
Update U17 Women Final: half time GER 7 : 4 AUT
Last night: the mot beautifaul players party right here in the village by the
lake, DJ, live band, team games, coches thrown in the water, dancing, kissing,
good vibes. A HUGE compliment to Jelle and the Gentle team for throwing this
EYUC. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Signing out, more work at the fields waiting for me. Hopefulla abbe to see the
end of the final (us 2 EUF officials, Gerhard and I, are from Austria,
resoective Germany, so obviously we would LOVE to see at least a bit of the
final)

Chis,EUF

 Christoph Dehnhardt chdehnha...@yahoo.de +49 - 163 - 7596 - 764