On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 22:04:33 -0400
John Labenski <jlaben...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 4:17 AM, Philipp Überbacher
> <mu...@tuxfamily.org> wrote:
>

> > Thanks a lot John,
> > it builds now.
> > I'll prepare a buildscript for SVN so my fellow Arch users can
> > comfortably build and use wxLua with wxgtk 3.
> >

> That sounds great, what else is needed to build on Arch?

I just uploaded the script, you can find it here:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wxlua-svn/
Klick on 'View PKGBUILD' to see the actual build script. Arch users can
download this script and with a single command they can turn it into an
installable package, handled by the package manager as any other
package. Really simple.

As you can see, there are two sed lines in there. I copied them from
the wxlua PKGBUILD: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wx/wxlua/PKGBUILD
I think they are both still necessary, so maybe this is something you
could integrate?

And in case you're interested, this is how wxGTK is built on Arch:
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/wxgtk

> > For the sake of completeness, here are the warnings I get.
> >

> Yeah, I've been lazy about those unused strings, they would be
> awkward to #ifdef off. Fixed now in svn, at least for my version of
> gcc, Fedora 20, gcc 4.8.2.
>
> Regards,
>     John

Some of those were uninitialised variables as well, and I think they
are more likely to be potential bugs.

Thanks for your help John,
Regards, Philipp